Martes, Disyembre 6, 2011

Not a story

by: Neil Urian Secretaria Mabulay

          I was from the canteen walking across the lobby when I first met this girl. She was my classmate's younger sister - Kathleen May. It was my classmate - her brother, who introduced her to me. I could never forget how she went out of her classroom and how she smiled at me that day.

              One warm afternoon just a few days after I met her, we talked for the first time. It started when she lend me her diary - I mean her sketchpad. When I noticed that it wasn't just an ordinary sketchpad, I began to ask questions; and then she began to talk. She told me a lot of things, like who she is and what she do. She told me almost everything there was to tell about herself. We were sitting there in the canteen exchanging stories for several hours and then I started to wonder. I thought she was just another common girl. But then I was wrong - totally wrong.

            I didn't know it then, but after that day everything changed. how long has it been since the last time that I talked that much? I can hardly remember. Maybe she's just too interesting that she made me talk that much. Perhaps I should get close to her. How close? Well as close as I can be, I guess.

             November the 9th, 2011 the class for the second semester started. I went school very excited as I was expecting to see her again. But that day, she never showed up. when I arrived home I sent her a message asking why she wasn't around and she answered me. She said she had to stop going to school; then she told me the reasons - they were sad. At that time, she said all she could think about was to believe that it will all be alright. I appreciated the fact that she was trying to cheer herself up. Every time I see her, she's always smiling but in fact, deep down she's crashed. I know she's crashed, I can feel it. But I can't even cheer her up, and I don't know why. That time, I was hesitating but I really wanted to cheer her up.

             Right now, I still don't know much about this girl. All I know is that, she's one of a kind. but as days go by, I am getting to know her more and more. Every night before I sleep, I always ask myself one strange question. "What made me curious about this girl?" Maybe I could find the answers soon. For now, all I could think of is to write her a story. A story that would remind her about the day when I was on my happiest. That day when we talked for the first time.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento